Saturday, May 2, 2015

‘I cried when I was not declared winner of Airtel music TRACE’

add
Jitey-Peters

Nigeria’s winner and 1st runner up at the just concluded Airtel Trace Music Star, Jitey Peters has opened up on how she felt after Tanzania-born Mayunga Andrew Nalimi was announced the winner of the keenly contested reality TV show.Recounting her experience at the viewing party which held last Saturday, at Vapors, Victoria Island, Lagos, Peters said “I cried when I was not announced the winner of the show. It hurts so much because that was my moment and I lost out, but I wasn’t surprised that he won.”

“Sometimes you need to lose to win and I believe my story will be like that. Airtel has equipped me for life and I am ready to push my music career forward. I am currently in the studios working on my music which should be out soon and I know Airtel will be proud of the star they have created”.
She said “I actually auditioned for Airtel Trace Music star because of a friend who believed in me. I entered the competition to get an iPhone 6, but I ended up being the winner in Nigeria and then competing at the finale. Airtel has helped create a star and I will forever be grateful to them”.
When recounting on not being the winner, Jite said “I cried when the winner was called and it wasn’t me. I hurt so much because that was my moment and I lost out, but I wasn’t surprised that he won”.
Airtel Managing Director,Trace, Sam Onyemelukwe, who was present at the viewing party said, the competition had over 2.3 million entries in Africa and 100,000 entries in Nigeria. 13 country winners competed in the grand finale at Kenya and were judged by Akon who doubled as the president of the jury; Devyne Stephens and French Caribbean singer, Lynnsha.
Explaining further about the event, Airtel’s Chief Commercial Officer, Maurice Newa said “Airtel being a technological company believes in customer ease and so powered the first mobile phone singing competition in Africa”. He also explained Airtel’s commitment to help Nigerians discover their dreams and bring meaning to what concerns young people.
Airtel Trace Music star is a mobile singing competition that gives aspiring artists a chance to become stars, by simply dialling 5775 from an Airtel line. Congratulations to Mayunga for winning this highly prestigious Airtel TRACE Music Star title.”
The grand finale which took place in Kenya also had Nigeria’s Jitey Peters emerging 2nd position while Congo B’s Baz clinched the 3rd position. The star winner got a recording contract withUniversal Music in addition to a trip to the US to be mentored by American music celebrity, Akon; and a music video production; for a total value exceeding $500,000.
add

No comments :

Post a Comment